Sunday, February 21, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth!

On my last wkend home in NC, I treated my nephews and niece to see the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Unfortunately, my niece Yasmine came down with a stomach bug on the morning of, and regrettably could not go with us. :(



The circus was spectacular from the get go! The circus's genesis can be traced back to 1860 when James Anthony Baily started a small circus before teaming up with P.T. Barnum in 1871. Then in 1907 the Ringling Bros. purchased Barnum & Bailey's circus, but didn't merge circuses until 1919. Since then, the long titled circus with the familiar moniker, "Greatest Show on Earth," has continued to entertain large audiences across America.



Kudos to my sister Pamela for suggesting that we go to the circus! Here she's with her hub Terry, and their adorable son Skylar. The expression on Skylar's face was priceless. I love that boy!



Awww, here's me and my nephew Rex; one of the tiny tuggers of my heart strings.



My brother John went with us, and enjoyed the outing with his sons, Zeb and Rex. I thought Zeb was so cute, as he was scarfing down his cotton candy! LoL.



Bring in the Clowns! They were hilarious!! Especially when 20 of them climbed out of a small Volkswagon Bug. That gets me every time!



BUT!!! The elephants were my fave! One day I'll go to India and ride one. Count on it!



The Tiger Tamer was utterly fearless. There is NO way I could ever enter a cage full of tigers. Yeesh!


I totally held my breath the entire time the Tightrope Walkers performed their death defying act! I kept muttering "don't sneeze! don't sneeze! don't sneeze!"


♫ Oh, he floats through the air with the greatest of ease, this daring young man on the flying trapeze! ♫



I loved how John was totally into the show, and that Zeb was totally into Rex. LoL.


Here are the cutie patootie brothers again during intermission. Rex got a cool hat, and Zeb (lover of swords) got... what else? A sword! LoL. I heart them.


And then, the elephants came back out and did this amazing trick. Ironically, they brought out the Egyptian dancers. I traveled sooo far to get out of Egypt, and there I was facing Egyptians all over again. LoL.


Ride / Walk like an E-G-Y-P-T-I-A-N!


Then, the Finale drew near....


and erupted into a frenzy of confetti and wild applause!



It truly was the "Greatest Show on Earth!"