Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Where Art Thou Mi Italiana Villa?




































Oh how I miss my Italian Villa. I have vivid dreams that I still live there. I had beautiful arched terrace doors in all the front rooms that looked out to the providence below and the Mediterranean Sea beyond. You could walk out on my terrace that ran along the entire front of the villa, which provided a breath taking view of land and sea. However, the view from my roof patio was even better, which could be accessed by climbing the marble stairway up to the top floor landing. Often I would dine outside on my second level terrace or throw a wine and cheese party on my rooftop patio with a live jazz trio playing to the ambiance of the evening, their sillouettes casting shadows along with the flickering candles that were lit throughout as twilight danced to the rhythms of the evening. My favorite memory though was the idyllic pleasure of reading outdoors on my patio hammock, eventually lulling to sleep by the sounds of Mother Nature singing to me as I crept into the stories I was reading. Ahhhh such a poignant memory of mi bella Italiana villa.