Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Blogless in Cairo

OMG!!!! I'M BAAAAACK! Going blogless cold turkey was a painful evolution and something I wouldn't recommend to the weak spirited. Good thing I'm strong willed or else I wouldn't have made it through the blog-out. LoL. What happened, you ask? Simply put, I MOVED. Feb 19th to be exact. It was a bittersweet move. On one hand, I no longer had to live out of suitcases. On the other hand, I lost internet capability for 40 days. It was like being on Noah's Ark during the flood: trapped from the outside world and completely at the beck of God's will... or "in Shallah", as the Muslims say here. LoL. Hello, my name is Gina, and I'm a blog addict. [group chorus] "HELLO, GINA!!!"

So, annnnyways, I moved to a highrise flat overlooking a canopy of rooftops and sweet, sweet sunsets. I LOVE IT! It's a 3 bedroom / 3 bath flat with lots and lots of light (and PLENTY of room for visitors). I love the airyness and spaciousness of my new home. Here are some early pics. I've since added more decor (which will be seen in a later blog), as I've tried to make it more homey and comfortable ---with a Middle Eastern edge. Mandated to store 80% of my possessions prior to coming here, I was thankful that the furniture they provided me was new and tasteful. This, combined with my cache of wall art and other decorative essentials that I shipped over, miraculously transformed my new crib into a relaxing sanctuary.






So, make reservations now to Gina's Egyptian Lair n' Sanctuary!