Will wonders ever cease? Case in point, Marge Simpson, the matronly blue bee-hived lockstress of animation comedy is gracing the cover of... wait for it... PLAYBOY! WTF, you utter? MY point exactly. In tribute to The Simpsons 20th anniversary for being the longest running comedy series in the history of television, newly hired CEO of Playboy Enterprises, Scott Flanders, has pushed forward with this campaign. Well, this is his answer to sagging magazine sales due to competing downloadable porn, anyways. The history making cover will be released in November, along with more "photos" of Marge in a 3-page spread posing in sexy lingerie. I can't help but shake my head at Playboy's choice of "first ever cartoon figure" to land on the cover. Wouldn't Jessica Rabbit, Betty Boop, or She-Ra have been more suitable? I'm not sure if I'm ready to see Marge Simpson's twin peaks. D'oh! In this case, the buck (bust?) stopped with Marge Simpson. Ironically, Playboy has adopted a Bart Simpsonesque attitude by thumbing their noses at the nay sayers as if to say in Bart's squeaky little voice, "Don't have a cow, man. Eat my shorts."
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Egads. Is Marge Simpson Really Baring All?
Will wonders ever cease? Case in point, Marge Simpson, the matronly blue bee-hived lockstress of animation comedy is gracing the cover of... wait for it... PLAYBOY! WTF, you utter? MY point exactly. In tribute to The Simpsons 20th anniversary for being the longest running comedy series in the history of television, newly hired CEO of Playboy Enterprises, Scott Flanders, has pushed forward with this campaign. Well, this is his answer to sagging magazine sales due to competing downloadable porn, anyways. The history making cover will be released in November, along with more "photos" of Marge in a 3-page spread posing in sexy lingerie. I can't help but shake my head at Playboy's choice of "first ever cartoon figure" to land on the cover. Wouldn't Jessica Rabbit, Betty Boop, or She-Ra have been more suitable? I'm not sure if I'm ready to see Marge Simpson's twin peaks. D'oh! In this case, the buck (bust?) stopped with Marge Simpson. Ironically, Playboy has adopted a Bart Simpsonesque attitude by thumbing their noses at the nay sayers as if to say in Bart's squeaky little voice, "Don't have a cow, man. Eat my shorts."