Thursday, October 22, 2009

Galabeya Night Was Dynomite!

Tonight I hosted a Galabeya Party at my flat for the Spouses Club at work. Although I am single, I am an honorary member. I am friends with many of the spouses, and I often coordinate many of the social events at work that they attend. I am the eternal social butterfly. LoL.



We started out with a formal meeting by discussing fundraising ideas, volunteer services, parenting issues, and future events that we will be sponsoring.



Spouses Club meeting aside, we quickly partook of the Egyptian theme that I had going. Many of the members wore their "galabeyas" which is a traditional Egyptian garment that is basically a long loose fitting gown. The embroidery craftsmanship in Egypt is parallel to none, which is very evident in the galabeyas that were worn tonight.




I totally went all out in my Egyptian costume. LoL.




Next we took advantage of the Henna Tattoo lady that was at my party. She was very talented, and did ornate designs on hands, arms, legs and feet that were well received. Henna tatts are not permanent. They begin to fade after about two weeks. Here's mine on my foot.

















Here's my friend Relly showing off the new tatts. Later on, Relly showed us how to belly dance.



Once everyone had henna tatts done, belly dancing became the business of the hour.



We found belly dancing to be fun and with a lot of hip action! We definitely got our workout.



I loved how everyone attempted to learn. Relly was an excellent teacher and has inspired me to continue with my lessons. A good time was had by all! (Thanks for coming out, Girlz!)