Saturday, January 23, 2010

Browsing at Morgana's Antiques



I got up early this morning and captured this pic of my surrounding neighborhood from my balcony. Cairo being the metropolis that it is, is a city teeming with dense real estate where the practicalities of development "build up" vice "build out".



Since I was up anyways, I walked a couple blocks to get some freshly baked Egyptian bread that looks similarly like pita bread. It's sooo good hot and freshly baked!



Being a thrift and antiques lover that I am, I jaunted over to Morgana's to see if anything new had come in that would strike my fancy AND be within budget. I love how other people's relics can be deemed treasures for moi! Here's what I liked:


I liked this Egyptian clock with the Arabic numbers.



Or this collapsible inlaid wood chess and scrabble board....



This antique stand up desk phone....



I opened this leather case to discover that ....


it was filled with a grooming kit in finished silver....


I thought this 7" pewter mummy's case was intriguing.



I loved this antique manual typewriter!



But the only thing I purchased today was this Arabian pewter pitcher that matched a smaller one I had at home. I thought it was exotic and loved all the flourishes etched on the exterior. Below are more purchases that I've bought at Morgana's in the past:


This antique copper Egyptian cooking vessel (used to cook dried beans or "fuul")....



This handcrafted Egyptian lantern....



This genie lamp that I find myself buying more of (a girl can't have too many)....



This wine bottle holder....


And last, but not least, is this antique Arabian brass bowl with kewl Middle Eastern details.



Masalama (good-bye), Morgana. Rest assured I'll be back to visit again!