Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mandy Comes to Visit!

Last week my friend Mandy was in town on a business trip, and I was able to take her around and show her Cairo. Mandy and I go back about 10 years when we were working and living in Cuba. It was so good to see her!



I took her first to the Egyptian Museum that housed all the pharaonic relics that were found in the tombs and pyramids of ancient pharaohs and noblemen. Notably, King Tut's treasures and mummies of other ancient pharaohs were the museum's highlights. We were not allowed to take pics inside, but we did take several pics of the museum grounds.



I loved this pic of these Muslim school girls that were visiting the museum on a field trip.







The lotus flower found commonly on lily pads along the banks of the Nile was often used in ancient times to produce perfumes. The ones below were found in the museum's central water fountain.







And then we were off to the pyramids. Her colleague Tina accompanied us.



We met our tour guide Ramses, who gave us a historical account of the Great Pyramids of Giza.









Despite the "No Climbing" sign, Mandy took it upon herself to test her "Spidey" skills. LoL.



And of course, you can't have pyramids without camels!


Below, I am sporting my "mummy with her bling" pose. LoL.





It was wonderful having a good friend visit, and hope I get to see more before my time in Cairo is up. So, if any of you are in the neighborhood, please note that mi casa es su casa!