Monday, October 11, 2010

Andrea Bocelli Concert at the Cairo Pyramids!

The Ticket.
Andrea Bocelli performed at the Cairo pyramids on September 25, 2010 --- AND YOURS TRULY WAS THERE! I was so excited to be part of that magical night. I missed his concert when he performed at the Teatro San Carlo in Naples, Italy when I lived there in 2005. To miss seeing the world's biggest selling solo artist in the history of classical music perform at the world's oldest and still active opera house was one of the biggest regrets I ever had. I made a promise to myself that should another iconic venue come up with him performing at it and me nearby, then I would be there no matter what! Hence, Andrea Bocelli performed at the Cairo pyramids---- AND YOURS TRULY WAS THERE!

The Billboard.

The line forming up to the Sound and Light Theatre at the Pyramids.


The symphony and choir came out first, and a hush fell over the audience.


The Great Pyramid and the Sphinx lit up in dramatic colors to coincide with the moods and rhythms of the music.


And then the great tenor appeared on stage, and immediately enthralled the audience. 

The Finale.

The concert was 2 hours long, and was marvelously accompanied by Mr. Bocelli's traveling soprano, alto, and violinist.  After the finale, Andrea Bocelli performed 5 encores that pleased the audience, and left them begging for more.

The Programs.

Enjoy an Andrea Bocelli classic below: Con Te Partiro.