It's New Year's Eve, and I'm not thinking of parties, champagne and dancing in high heels, but of Dan Fogelberg oddly enough. I just heard "Same Auld Lang Syne".... a nostalgic classic that evokes bittersweet emotions every time I hear it... sadness... old joys... and shoulda-coulda-woulda's. Dan Fogelberg was a gifted songwriter. He could paint a story with his lyrics, and bring listeners to an emotional place. Every time I hear this song, I picture ME bumping into an old lover at the grocery store... seeing my purse spill out... he and I laughing about it... engaging small talk at the checkout line... searching for a bar afterwards... buying a six-pack at the liquor store instead... drinking it in my car and reminiscing... he gets out... I drive away... and the snow turns into rain. Boom-Boom-POW! That was the power of Dan Fogelberg. You TOTALLY could see yourself in the scenarios he sings about with purity and honesty. I have ran into old lovers a time or two, but never with the poignancy like this song evokes. Wish they had. Dan Fogelberg, thank you for your music. Thank you for this song. You left our world much too soon (1951-2007). Regrettably, he has NOT been inducted in the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. What a travesty! Wanna make the first difference in 2011? Click here and vote. Dan, you are not forgotten. HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!