Friday, November 14, 2008

101 Inanities On Yours Truly

1. I am a slushy afficionado especially in the summertime.
2. My favorite colors are sage green and chocolate brown.
3. I am a Taurus. My colors are earthy just like my sign.
4. I love me some Dancing With The Stars !!! I so want to take ballroom dancing lessons and compete in frilly sequined costumes too. Gosh. Did I really write that out loud?
5. I have sky dived. Once.... 'nuff said.
6. I got scuba certified in my 20's, but sadly never pursued it. Sheepishly I admit I took the course because of a crush I was secretly stalking.... admiring.... observing.... which sounds less psycho-ish?
7. I enjoyed parasailing in the the Bahamas. I was pulled by a boat whose driver looked strangely enough like Ziggy Marley. Yah, mon.
8. I love sushi rolls dipped in wasabi and soysauce... yummy yummy in my Asian tummy.
9. I remember when PONG, the first revolutionary tv interaction game, was introduced. Sheesh. I'm dating myself.
10. I climbed the steps to the top of the Eiffel Tower, Champs-Elysees, and Notre-Dame.... steps that totaled over 1000 steps collectively. Needless to say I slept well that night.
11. I have toured the Colosseum amphitheater in Rome. In my mind, I could hear the roar of the crowd rooting for their favorite gladiator, a prequel to today's Superbowl game frenzy.
12. My favorite Filipino cuisine is pancit (rice noodle dish).
13. I have loved three men deeply in my lifetime.
14. My favorite holiday is Christmas.
15. I was awarded a free summer camp experience in 5th grade for being the school's "Best Safety Patrol Officer" (Think hall monitor with crossing guard belt and badge. Yep. I was Barney Fife).
16. I was working in the hotel that Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son) was staying at when he was filming The Crow. I worked the night he died from a freak filming accident. The hotel was flooded with so many calls that night. One of the calls I took was from Johnny Carson.
17. I have been on a gondala ride in Venice.
18. On my first L.A. visit, I did the tour of celebrity homes; Universal Studios; Hollywood Walk of Fame in front of Grauman's Chinese Theater; and participated as a studio audience for Michael Rapaport's then sitcom show, The War at Home, cancelled last year. During each take, my sister and I would try out distinctive laughs to see if we could tell it was us when the episode aired. Sadly, I never saw that episode. Anyone see the episode where Michael and son go to a Star Trek Convention? Yep, it's a wonder the show cancelled....
19. In college I was awarded an all expense paid cruise to the Bahamas for being the "Best Blockbuster Employee" in the SE region.
20. I am very close to my family and I love each of them dearly. They are my foundation.
21. My grandmother and mother are women I admire the most. Both have emparted values and strength of character that have carried me far in life.
22. I am an antique mall, thrift store, and yard sale afficionado.
23. The last time I wore gold jewelry was in the 80's.
24. I am a Naval Officer. I climbed my way up from the enlisted ranks and have not forgotten my roots.
25. In the 80's I sported the "big hair" look, and have since hidden all pics.
26. My favorite classic book of all time is Pride and Prejudice.
27. I have seen the Mona Lisa at the Louvre in Paris and found it to be smaller in person.
28. My favorite castle that I have toured is the Tower of London.
29. I am an Antiques Road Show afficionado. My secret fantasy is to one day get on the show with my $1 yard sale find and have it valued for over $100K!!!
30. I have seen the reconstructed T-Rex skeletal exhibit at the the Field Museum in Chicago. Needless to say I got a crick in my neck.
31. I have been to the top of the Empire State Building and the Sears Tower Building. I took the elevator on both visits. ;)
32. I love Taco Bell Meximelts.
33. I love driving around Coronado, CA and ogling yummy Navy SEALs working out. Sigggh.
34. I have been to the top of Mt. Etna, Sicily's still active volcano. Being high up in the clouds, I felt like I was on top of the world.
35. I am a day spa / resport spa afficionado. I so love massages and body pampering treatments!! Enough so that I budget it on a monthly basis. Ahhh, joys of single life...
36. I have toured the excavated ruins of Pompeii and was so impressed by its preservation.
37. I have joined hands with strangers at a dinner and dance show in Greece and shouted "Opaaaa!" in unison.... apparently this is what Greeks shout when caught in a fervored Greek state.
38. I have toured Stirling Castle in Scotland, where William Wallace (Brave Heart) often frequented.
39. When I did the Sound of Music tour in Salzburg, Austria I danced around the infamous Gazebo singing "I am 16 going on 17".
40. After watching a horror movie, I still leap to my bed from the doorway to keep the monster from under the bed from grabbing my feet. Sigggh. Yes..... sad but true.
41. I am an amusement park afficionado.
42. I have visited the Amish farming communites of Lancaster County, PA and Berlin, OH. It is astounding how the Amish have maintained their culture and traditions in 21st Century America.
43. I have been to the Betsy Ross House in Philadelphia.
44. I have been to the grave site of Ben Franklin in Philadelphia.
45. I have participated in a St. Paddy's Day pub crawl in historic downtown Charleston, SC where 20 bars were frequented in about 3 hours... and green drinks downed at each bar... needless to say I was peeing green all night.
46. I went white water rafting down the Nanahala River in NC with siblings and friends, and was thankful that I did not fall in its icy water. Not so with my boyfriend and bro. LoL.
47. I have toured the Neuschwanstein Castle in Germany, which incidentally was the model and inspiration for Disney's Cinderella Castle.
48. I have been to Oktoberfest in Munich, Germany and never realized that live Polka music, German ale, and floppy festival hats could be so much fun!
49. I have seen Mozart and Beethoven's cribs in Vienna, Austria. Had MTV been around then, they definately would have had a showcase segment.
50. I have kissed a Frenchman in Paris. Oui! Oui!
51. My favorite chocolate bar is Almond Joy.
52. I did Dan Brown's Davinci Code walking tour in Paris. So kewl. We followed the pathway of location spots mentioned in the book.
53. I have toured the Vatican in Vatican City, the world's smallest country. Although it is located in the center of Rome, it is defined as an independent country because of its Papal system. Michaelangelo's masterpiece painted on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel was reverantly beautiful.
54. I love Coach bags.
55. My favorite clothing store is Ann Taylor LOFT.
56. I am a closet Hollywood celebrity profiler; no trivia is too trivial.
57. I have explored the Rock of Gibraltar. Note to self: Do NOT feed the monkeys.
58. I have toured Madame Tuasard's Wax Musuem in London. It was kewl and freaky at the same time.
59. I have kissed the Blarney Stone at Blarney Castle in Ireland, thus inheriting the gift of gab. (yeaah... riggghht, as if I needed to kiss a frickin' rock to achieve this phenomenon. LoL.)
60. My favorite car was my 2003 burgundy / black roofed MINI COOPER.
61. I was the volunteer coordinator for the the Meals on Wheels program in NC. I love seniors!
62. In my spare time, I used to coordinate Adopt-A-Highway clean-ups.
63. I enjoy coordinating large events (i.e. company picnics, formal balls, retirement ceremonies, professional seminars and conventions, etc.). The bigger the better!
64. I prefer crunchy peanut butter.
65. I enjoy weekend camping get-a-ways.
66. I enjoy snow tubing in daisy chains. Created by a group holding hands, feet, etc. while said bodies and inner tubes whoosh down the hill simultaneously!
67. Last year I saw the musical production of Mama Mia in Las Vegas. I laughed, cried and sang aloud unabashedly.
68. My BFFs are life sustaining forces that keep me sane, happy, and totally grounded. I am blessed.
69. I enjoy volunteering for Habitat for Humanity, albeit my limited carpentry skills... and I do mean limited. :)
70. I usually captain a team for Relay for Life. Anything championing the American Cancer Society is a worthy endeavor in my opinion.
71. A book that really moved me recently was EAT PRAY LOVE by Elizabeth Gilbert.
72. I have ridden a camel in Morocco.
73. For a shoe fanatic, flip flops are my favorite shoes.
74. I can speed read if captivated. I have been known to complete a 700+ page book in 1 day (a week-end day mind you).
75. I toured a large windmill house in Holland. (Similar to a lighthouse.)
76. I am an avid movie goer. Stadium seat theatres are my faves. I go to the movies about 4-5 times a month.
77. I toured the Anne Franklin House in Amsterdam where Anne and her family hid in the attic for 3 years from Nazi tyranny. I was moved to tears.
78. I am an ethnic food afficionado - Indian, Greek, Ethiopian, Asian, Afghani, Italian, Lebanese.... the more exotic and spicy, the better! Ironically, Mexican food isn't a fave.
79. I love interior designing and enjoy helping friends with "room make-overs".
80. I am HORRIBLE at telling jokes. siggggh.
81. I love my Ann Taylor skinny jeans.
82. I only enjoy rainy days when I can be home wrapped in a chenile throw with my nose in a book and my fingers a grasp away from a steaming cup of herbal tea.
83. I read the last page of every book first.
84. I look alot like my mom.
85. I love chunky eclectic bling (bracelets!! rings!! necklaces!! Oh My!)
86. I am a winter scarf afficionado.
87. I love Cow Parade cows and collect only specific ones. By chance I happened upon a city exhibition while visiting Edinburgh, Scotland.
88. As a child, "cornflower blue" was my favorite Crayola Crayon color.
89. I rode the Eye in the Sky Ferris Wheel in London; the largest ferris wheel in the world. Each glass enclosed car holds about 20 people. Each wheel spoke alone holds 8 cars.
90. I got to see the Queen's Birthday Parade at Buckingham Palace on pure luck. Headed to the palace to see the changing of the guards, but saw the royal birthday procession and honor guard regalia instead!
91. My favorite word is afficionado.
92. I am a Sex in the City afficionado. ;)
93. My favorite pets were my Siamese-mutt cat Pepper and my kitty litter-trained rabbit Paco. Pepper and Paco were BFFs, and would often be found playing or snuggling together.
94. I love, love, love, love my niece and nephews: Yasmine, Rex, Zeb, and Skylar. I am their Pied Piper aunt, a.k.a. Aunt Ging-Ging.
95. Admittedly, I am technologically challenged.
96. I love rainbows. Hawaii was the only place I've visited where it was almost a daily sighting.
97. I love my mom's homecooking best!
98. My favorite ice cream is butter pecan.
99. My parents were going to name me "Mary Jane".
100. I am working on my third degree.
101. I retire from the Navy in 4.5 years.