It's 6pm and I am completely exhausted. The movers have JUST left. Today was packout day. My second one truth be told because I had a small one (2,000 lbs) a couple Fridays ago. That one was going to Egypt by cargo barge. Items that I can do without for a month upon arriving, since said items will still be chugging across the seas. My flat in Cairo will be furnished and is located in the part of the city where the Westerners dwell--- oil people, military, diplomats, ex-patriots, and of course Egyptians thrown in the mix. Should make for an interesting social that I'll throw when I arrive, or rather when my social platters and wine glasses arrive. As my friends can attest, I'm an Asian-eyed Martha Stewart.
But I digress.... Today was the big packout: 10,000 lbs that will remain stored in the S
tates while I'm living abroad. Furniture, books, decorative items, exercise equipments, winter clothes, and other odds and ends that I've managed to collect. It's sad that for a single gal, I have accumulated a total of 13,000 lbs of household schtuff .... um, this is household weight mind you that is normally attributed to a "family".... and something that "I" managed to do on my own. Have I mentioned that I have one more packout left to go? Wednesday's packout, however, will be short and sweet. Basically 1,000 lbs worth of clothes, hygiene and beauty aids, linens, and professional and personal files that will be flown over waiting for me when I arrive in January. Sadly, my shoes alone will make up half of my packout weight. Sigggh... I do share the same nationality as Imelda Marcus, lest you forget.
My home
is gone and in its stead is a house. 2400 sq ft of bare rooms echoing sadly for the comforts that made it home. And, on top of everything else I am missing Dancing With The Stars tonight because my tv is packed up. I could go over to a friend's house, but I am tired and I want to zzzzz off to dreamland. I've been up since 3:30 and the packers will be here at 7 am again tomorrow to load up what they packed up today. Hopefully someone recorded DWTS, so I can catch it later. It's Season Finale Week (Go Team Burke). While everyone has been gearing up for Thanksgiving, I've been focusing on this move... but ever the entertainer, I'm helping a friend with a Thanksgiving feast at her house. I'm doing the turkey and some trimmings as 25 people are expected to show. Should prove to be a festive day.... but I'd rather be home with my family in NC.... Wishing Happy TG thoughts with heavy-lidded might.... Off to bed I go .... To all.... a g'night.
But I digress.... Today was the big packout: 10,000 lbs that will remain stored in the S
tates while I'm living abroad. Furniture, books, decorative items, exercise equipments, winter clothes, and other odds and ends that I've managed to collect. It's sad that for a single gal, I have accumulated a total of 13,000 lbs of household schtuff .... um, this is household weight mind you that is normally attributed to a "family".... and something that "I" managed to do on my own. Have I mentioned that I have one more packout left to go? Wednesday's packout, however, will be short and sweet. Basically 1,000 lbs worth of clothes, hygiene and beauty aids, linens, and professional and personal files that will be flown over waiting for me when I arrive in January. Sadly, my shoes alone will make up half of my packout weight. Sigggh... I do share the same nationality as Imelda Marcus, lest you forget.My home
is gone and in its stead is a house. 2400 sq ft of bare rooms echoing sadly for the comforts that made it home. And, on top of everything else I am missing Dancing With The Stars tonight because my tv is packed up. I could go over to a friend's house, but I am tired and I want to zzzzz off to dreamland. I've been up since 3:30 and the packers will be here at 7 am again tomorrow to load up what they packed up today. Hopefully someone recorded DWTS, so I can catch it later. It's Season Finale Week (Go Team Burke). While everyone has been gearing up for Thanksgiving, I've been focusing on this move... but ever the entertainer, I'm helping a friend with a Thanksgiving feast at her house. I'm doing the turkey and some trimmings as 25 people are expected to show. Should prove to be a festive day.... but I'd rather be home with my family in NC.... Wishing Happy TG thoughts with heavy-lidded might.... Off to bed I go .... To all.... a g'night.