
Light streaked across the lavender sky, and made the white patches of limestone and quartz look like glistening snow.
I captured this morning self portrait of me: 2 days without shower and make-up. Ugh!
During my explorations, I collected petrified debris as souvenir treasures of my White Desert trip. Later, I found out from one of the geologists at the camp that this was a petrified shell estimated to be 50 million years old when the desert used to be the bottom of the sea. Whoa!!!
I thought this embedded imprint below was verrry kewl.
I hurried back to the camp to start packing up, and walked past the Bedouins' durable open-air tent where they slept.
People were packing up their gear, readying for the trip back.
And then it was back on the camels, for our last camel trek in the White Desert.
Wearily we rode back, not really wanting to leave, but ready to sleep in our own beds again.
We gladly gave our camels back to the Bedouins when we arrived at our pick up point.
We loaded our gear, and rode the lonnnnng 6 hours bus ride back to Cairo. Thus, putting an end to an amazing National Geographic-esque week-end.