In honor of our last port call, I wanted to do something that would really make it memorable. I had read about an ice bar in Stockholm that was a popular tourist spot. The Absolut Icebar Stockholm was the world's first permanent ice bar that opened in 2001. Since then, it has become a global ice bar chain, and was one that I was dying to experience. So after our tour at the Vasa Museum, Debbie and I meandered through the streets of Stockholm and found our way at the Nordic Sea Hotel where the Absolut Icebar was located.
At the icebar Debbie and I were issued hooded arctic coats and gloves, and told to follow a dimly lit passageway that would lead us to the bar's subzero temp room that opened by way of a sliding metal door. The bar was kept at -5 degrees F, and was made of solid ice within a backlight of neon blue lighting.
Behind the bar were assortments of alcohol, glasses made of ice, and a cash register.
The glasses were verrrry "cool."
This was the cocktail menu that was frozen in the bar stand.
We had to use our gloves when we were drinking because our fingers would have gotten frostbite.
Deb and I toasted several rounds of shots to a dream vacay that exceeded our wildest expectations.
And then, we made our farewell toast to Stockholm with bittersweet regards and hopeful promises of return, and made our way out of the subzero temp, and back to the "Costa Deliciosa" for the passage back to reality. It goes without saying that the icebar was our "coolest" experience ever!







