Labor Day weekend saw me on a flight to Copenhagen, Denmark for the advent of my Baltic Cruise. Copenhagen was Denmark's capital and largest city, and I was excited to explore it! There was a metro station at the airport that I took to the central station in Copenhagen that was only a block from my hotel. And thus, my adventures began...
Near the central station, all these Mercedes taxis were lined up. Considered luxury cars in the U.S., it still amuses me when I see Mercedes as taxis abroad. I wonder if I'll ever see a fleet of BMW taxis? LOL.
I stayed at the Grand Hotel which was a 5 min. walk from the metro station, and close to several attractions! It was only a few blocks from the Imax Tycho Brahe Planetarium, so I headed there immediately.
I truly loved all the interactive areas where I could push buttons and see planets twirl, look out a window of a simulated space capsule, and look at a model of Mar's robotic rover. I didn't catch an Imax show, but I'm glad I stopped by.
Afterwards, I walked around and admired some of the buildings in the vicinity. I thought this particular building was very interesting. I loved how traffic went under the middle building, and how the sides jutted out in 3-D fashion.
The Palads was a multi-theater cinema house that was brightly painted to compensate for the extensive graffiti damages it once had. And lemme tell ya, there was a lot of colorful paint! LOL.
I loved the twisty steeple on this building.
The central plaza was packed with throngs of people and busy advertisements.
American fast food eateries dominated the plaza as visitors got their choice of McDonald's, Burger King and KFC.
