Have I mentioned that Anafora is "a working farm retreat?" Having grown up in the South, I miss the "country air" and the feel of the "great outdoors" ... the sunshine kisses on my face and watching God's luscious bounty growing up around me. At Anafora, I reveled in helping with some of the farm chores... feeding the animals, picking olives, and weeding the vegetable gardens. When I picked olives, I had so much fun filling my wicker baskets and feeling a sense of accomplishment when they were full. When I fed the animals, I fell in love with Jojo the baby donkey. Had there been a way to take Jojo home with me, I would have done it! But alas, he would have been miserable in my highrise flat, so I left him there wriggling in the dirt and enjoying life on the farm. Given the choice, I would've stayed there wriggling in the dirt too. LOL.
 |
| Date Palm Trees were heavy with dates ready to be picked! |
 |
| I chose to pick olives instead. |
 |
| Olives were ripe for the picking! |
 |
| A productive pickin'. |
 |
| Bella. |
 |
| Freckles. |
 |
| Latte'. |
 |
| Dolly and Jojo. |
 |
| Wish Jojo could've come home with me! |
 |
| A Coptic Christian Farm. |