Friday, November 19, 2010

A Final Glance at Anafora

 Let me show you some remaining pics of this wonderful retreat...

The main building served as reception, dining hall, library, and social hub spot....


I was the poster child for R&R.


Entry veranda.















The dining hall served delicious organic meals 3x's a day.


I loved that we could sit on the floor on Bedouin mats and eat n' conversate.

Outdoor alcove in the main building.


Oft time, I'd wander up to the library...



The kiddie corner.
 

Plenty of books for leisurely reading!













French doors led to a balcony patio.





My favorite reading corner.

Isn't this farm mobile cute?




Idyllic pond.


This was the retreat's meeting center for large groups that would come down. That particular weekend, a large group of Swedes, Canadians, and Germans were visiting. The retreat was an international meeting place!


Loved the door's simple pullout handle.
 


All dome ceilings had stained-glass plates outlining a cross.
 
Group think tank.

The farm store.

A self-supporting farm.

Homemade jams. Yummmmers.
Organic soaps & other goodies made by the sisters.

Purchases: homemade candles, hibiscus tea, prayer beads, earrings. 

And then, it was time to leave.


It was  a wonderful weekend filled with copious sunshine, healthy air, and earthly labor of my own volition... but I got an enormous amount of rest and relaxation too as I read, sunbasked, swam, and meditated. Life was good at Anafora. It was my Eat, Pray, Love.....