Monday, June 15, 2009

MOONWALK BAAAACK TO THE 80's



Doesn't this
book say it all?



These images are so evocative as they carry me back to an era that was new wave, neon, iconic, and loud. MTV helped rock a new generation!
80's brought on an avalanche of trends
that put faux pas on the map!


Like gag me with a spoon!
No Duh!
TOTALLY!


MC brought the pants and the hammer time.

pink and green....
add-a-bead necklaces....
navy blue and kelly green....
topsiders....
penny loafers....
chinos....
argyle sweaters.

Madonna was Like A Virgin....
and bands were as famous for their music as for their hair.




New Wave. Old School Rap "Sugar Hill" Style. Glam Metal Bands. All Thumping !!!!








You take the good,
You take the bad,
You take them both,
And then you have.....
THE FACTS OF LIFE!

Tom Cruise.... when he was cool. Aviator Ran-Bans. Pumpin' hott torsos... bare... playing volleyball. Sexy fighter planes. TOP GUN... the quintessential 80's movie for BOTH sexes.
Parachute pants perfect for swishing when you walked.... but best swishing backwards to the moonwalk.

Members Only jackets.... Beat It jackets.... Chucks.... Vans.... Frankie Goes to Hollywood. RELAX!





"I pity the fool"
who didn't like
the 80's!





Hate or Love it. Who cares? It was Flock of Seagulls Hair!












Adopt A Cabbage Patch Doll!



Diary Excerpt circa 1988: "Dear Diary, I was almost late for school today. It took me a whole hour to achieve 6 inch bangs! My hair was like TOTALLY rad! Like ferr sherr... Like I wonder if the new boy noticed?"




I loved my Caboodles make-up case!

I hear my inner child calling....




















Jeri Curl.... do ya think it'll ever come back???








Ahhhhhh.... 80's accessories.... Wait. "Wear" are the jelly shoes?




My Favorite 80's Toy E-v-v-e-r-rrrrr!



I leave you on this nostalgic walk on the fading images of two iconic John Hughes' classics. He butted teen angst with popculture humor like no other.... and captured boy-meets-girl moments like a fine, fine wine cooler.

I so wanted to be Jake Ryan's girlfriend!



Yes, Way.