Friday, June 19, 2009

Paper Heart

Charlyne Yi is a 22 y/o actress, comedienne, and musician, whom many of you have probably never heard of or recalled seeing. Her film debut in Knocked Up was so small, I doubt you remembered her as one of the medley of livingroom stoners. Quite frankly I hadn't heard of her either, until I started stalking "cutie in the hoodie" actor Michael Cera. Call it my inner geekdom, but I really like that kid. He has an understated charm that can't help but make you like him despite his nervous awkwardness. Although he's not widely known, he does have a recognizable face... but most folks have to stop and think about where they've seen him until films like Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist, Superbad, and my all time Indie fave, Juno, comes to mind. Why am I devoting an entire blog on these 2 geeky, but adorable people? All because of a li'l award winning 2009 Sundance film that comes out in theaters on July 24th called Paper Heart; a film that added "screenwriter" to Charlyne's repertoire of talents. In the movie, Charlyne (playing herself) makes a mockumentary across America in search of answers to the quintessential question - "does true love exist?". She interviews people from all walks of life and locations to get their take on the age-old question. On her journey she meets fellow actor Michael Cera (playing himself) and falls in love. Sounds like my kind of chick flick. Take a look of the trailer and see if it'll be something you may want to see too.

Update: New limited release date for Paper Heart is August 7, 2009.