Sunday, June 28, 2009

4th of July Plans & Lessons Learned, etc.

week-end is fast approaching and unlike past Independance Day celebrations, I'll be doing the local scene instead of hitting the road. Should prove to be a fun-packed holiday week-end! A formal gala at the US Embassy on Thursday. Picnic and fireworks show on Friday. Red,White, & Blue margarita PAR-taaaay on Saturday. Rooftop BBQ on Sunday. And on Monday!!!!!!! The "Broadway Musical Review" will be at the Cairo Opera House performing popular musical excerpts from "Grease" and "West Side Story". Whew! I'm already tired. LoL. So, what are your plans?

LESSONS LEARNED:

As I close this, I'd like to share with you valuable lessons learned that I gleamed from past Independence Day week-ends gone awry: 1) When applying sunblock, don't forget your feet! Nothing's worse than having to put on shoes on puffy blistered Fred Flintstone feetages. 2) Do not play in the ocean right after sucking down chili dogs and cherry koolaid. Unless of course, you like the color red. 3) When admiring fireworks, do not sit directly under them as they come raining down. 4) Refrain from substituting gasoline as lighter fluid for your charcoal grill! Happy 4th of July!