
1. Go to your Pictures file
2. Click on your 6th folder
3. Select your 6th pic
4. Optional: I added this one ;0) Include 5 more pics from this folder to present 6 pics total
5. Explain the 6 elements of a good story - When, Where, Why, What, Who & How
6. Have fun & blog tag someone
Ancient Ruins of Pompeii
When I was living in Naples, Italy from 2004-2006, I lived 30 minutes from the ancient ruins of Pompeii. Hence, many trips found me headed towards Mount Vesuvius where Pompeii was located at the base of the volcano. In 79 AD, Mount Vesuvius erupted and for 2 days Pompeii and all the neighboring towns on the volcano were victim to flowing lava that killed thousands of people in its wake. At the height of its time, Pompeii was a leading Roman town renown for its beauty, art, culture, and politics - and home to approximately 20,000 citizens. Ironically, Mount Vesuvius erupted the day after the celebration of Vulcanalia, the Roman God of Fire.
Now, it's your turn! Tag you're it!