Thursday, April 16, 2009

Gotta Pack My Wheels B'Cuz....

I'm heading out for the beach tomorrow!


....but NOT in this car. LoL. It's holy week in Egypt as Coptic Christians (or Orthodox Christians) celebrate Easter this Sunday. Yep, we're a week behind Stateside observances. Heck, we haven't even gone to daylight savings time yet, which makes for even greater confusion.




So with a 4-day weekend in tow, I'm off to Sharm el-Sheikh, a resort city on the southern tip of the Sinai Peninsula. Known as the "City of Peace" because of international peace summits held there, it's also a favored holiday spot for Euro travelers, which means the dress code will be more "Westernized". Yaaay! I will be able to expose arms and legs again without getting stoned to death. Bonus!



So, tomorrow you'll find me multi-tasking beach resort style: lounging under one of these straw umbrellas, frolicking in the Red Sea, and seeking inner peace in the "City of Peace". Life is good in the Middle East. Peace Out.