[http://www.thisisit-movie.com/ <--Click here to see the trailer.] Something amazing happened today. I went to see MJ's This Is It! and I was so estatic that I did! Talk about a spellbinding and uplifting 2 hours spent! The movie was a running documentary chronicling MJ's comeback concert tour that he was prepping for right before he died. What I found interesting about the movie was the evidence of Michael Jackson's creative genius at play. Forget the eccentricities, allegations, and rumors... when it came to music, MJ was the KING OF POP. The movie was never intended to air in a public and commercial venue. Footages that went into the movie were meant for MJ's personal viewing library. Thank goodness he had the forethought to allow the cameras to roll, so that fans and curious seekers could see him in his prime.... when he was creating... performing... leading... and making music magic. To see him in rehearsal performing songs that brought me back to my youth was incredible: Billie Jean, Beat It, Thriller, Don't Stop Till You Get Enough, Wanna Be Starting Something, Human Nature, The Girl Is Mine, She's Out of My Life, The Way You Make Me Feel, Smooth Criminal, Heal The World, Man In The Mirror.... and the list goes on inclusive of songs from his pre-solo days with the Jackson 5. Every song he performed brought back warm fuzzies to every event and emotion I was experiencing when his songs were released. Another fascinating factor I observed was his meticulous perfection in getting every note, music arrangement, choreography, lighting, and costume "just right." He was a daunting visionary with a sweet disposition. An iconic paradox. His crew loved and revered him. Every interview was uttered in hushed reverent tones, all in a dazed wonder that they were at the pinnacle height of their career by working with THE legendary MJ. The movie was amazing and inspiring, and at the end achingly sad. To see MJ's larger than life presence alive for 2 hours, only to be reminded in the end that he was gone.... was like going through his demise all over again. He was a candle in the wind whose light was snuffed out too soon, and whose flame flickered brightly while he was on the big screen for the last time.
