Here's a self-portrait of said Team Captain on the bus ride over.
The buses were packed and full of anticipation.
Traffic to the event was horrendous. Ugh!

Local scenery passed on the way to the pyramids.

Yaaay! We finally arrived, but check out the traffic! Yikes!
I really liked this gal's choice of athletic shoes. Pretty in pink!
A sea of pink ribbon Susan G. Komen t-shirts were everywhere!
Here's me sporting my pink ribbon on my face. tee hee!
The starting line before it got crowded.
I thought this image captured RACE FOR THE CURE perfectly.
I thought the pyramids were the PERFECT backdrop.
Friends and colleagues were all there to show their support.
This photo shows why guys should never take pics. LoL.
More of my posse excited to be there!
Loved how these local girlz snazzed up their accessories to match the pink ribbon theme. In deference to the Q'uron, Muslim women only expose face, hands, and feet.
Team USA in da HOUSE.... woot! woot!
The starting line was reaaaally packed now!
I thought this local gal was styling n' profiling.
Some Muslim women zealously show their faith by covering their entire bodies except for 2 eye slits to see. This woman is wearing a burka, and even though you can't see it, she is also wearing black gloves. Regardless, I liked the fact she was sporting a Susan G. Komen ball cap. A true supporter!
An estimated 5,000 particpants came from all over Cairo.
As usual the pyramids were inspiring and beautiful to gaze upon.
As was the Sphinx, the guardsman of the Giza pyramids.
Yippeee! We finished!!!
The finish line surged with participants completing the 5K.
Afterwards, everyone meandered down to the big tent for the big after party. Survivors were recognized, awards presented, and all participants thanked for their contributions that helped fund breast cancer research. It was an incredible day and an incredible event : RACE FOR THE CURE ROCKED!