We finally arrived, and we quickly unloaded our camping gear and met up with the Bedouins who were hired to lead our trek, cook our grub, and provide us camels for our National Geographic-esque week-end.
There were plenty of camels for everyone!
I especially liked how this little fellow was festively adorned!
I quickly found a camel that was gentle and docile to my liking.
Before we started off, the Bedouins provided us with a yummy Thanksgiving luncheon!
LOL! This camel was getting a ride for once.
While we were eating, 4WD vehicles were transferring our gear from the bus to their storage interiors, as everything was to be transported to our campsite. We, on the other hand, were to be transported via a 2 hour camel ride. Exciting!
The Bedouins went through the lunch line after we finished eating; thereby, sticking to their unwritten caste rules.
After lunch, I had no trouble finding my camel. I was eager to depart!
Others, however comma, were still in a quandry on which camels to ride. Ugh!
And then we were off!!!
We rode until dusk settled the evening skies.
We quickly discovered how the White Desert got its name - due to patches of limestone and quartz that spreaded sporadically for miles and miles.
We arrived at nightfall, and the Bedouins quickly helped us put up our tents and get our campfires started for our evening's Thanksgiving feast!
Large pots were filled with scrumptious Middle Eastern sides, but turkey was the main course!
Bedouin campfire turkey was soooo yummilicious!!!!
My Thanksgiving fare comprised of turkey, basmati rice, stewed tomatoes and zuchini, and a delicious salad saturated in drippy oils and Middle Eastern spices. It was a hallmarked first Thanksgiving in Egypt, and one that I will enter in the Thanksgiving Hall of Fame. An unforgettable day, capped off with a delectable feast. Now stay tune for the next day's adventure!