Friday, November 20, 2009

The Twilight Saga: New Moon is HERE!!!

In the last 24 hours I've received texts, emails, and phone calls about the midnight showing and/or plans to attend the week-end's premiere of New Moon. I am so bummed that I'm not taking part in any of the NM activities, since it doesn't premiere in Egypt until January! Ugh!!! I heard from many that attended the midnight showing from the U.S. to Australia! I saw uploaded mobile phone pics of peeps battened down in jackets and blankets as they waited in line in the cold with their camp chairs, games, and snacks. LoL. Many came in groups and wanted the surety of getting seats together. It was interesting to hear reviews from the different time zones. It was like getting a New Year's party report on the varying stages of the party: some beginning the festivities, some halfway into it, and others nearly completing it. How fun! The first report came from Australia. My movie goer there gave NM two thumbs up with alot of "eye candy" mentionings tacked with a "few cheesy bits" and a hearty "would definitely see it again!!!" Basically, it was my opinion of the first movie, so I will not be disappointed. Watching the Twi-films is NOT just about the films, but what the films evoke: seeing the Twi-characters in action, which draws them a li'l bit closer to our Twi-fanatically racing hearts. So, bite us if you can't relate, you naysayers out there!!! LoL. Then I heard from friends in Alabama who were doing a "Twi-package deal" last night by going to the 10 PM re-showing of Twilight, followed with the midnight showing of New Moon. How kewl was that??? You gotta understand that Twi-hard fans see NOTHING wrong with being in a theater for 4 hours to see Hollywood's Twi-hunks. Nu-uhhh!!! We are truly "bitten" by the Twilight craze! LoL. Then friends on the East Coast from NY, MD, NC, SC, and FL headed out to the midnight showing. I saw uploaded pics of Twi-shirts, Twi-blings, Twi-buttons, and Twi-jackets worn in support of the NM opening. As soon as they entered the theaters, and the texting died down, then friends on the West Coast started sending me reports from Seattle, all parts of California, and sin city Las Vegas. It was maddening and silly and soo much fun, just living vicariously through everyone. Today, more fam and friends will be heading out. I know many who took a half day from work just so they could beat the crowds, but going from the reports I'm receiving, I suspect it will still be crowded as adults (primarily of the female persuasion in the twilight of their tween years) will be playing hookey from work, and will probably (LOL!) run into their daughters who will probably be playing hookey from school. Yet, on a sweet note I know several friends who will be taking their daughters to see it this week-end for some mother n' daughter bonding time. Glad to hear that the hype of this movie has crossed the generation gap and have univerally brought people together in their quest to see this long awaited movie! There may not have been a full moon last night or this week-end even, but I know for a fact New Moon's appearance was a howling success! Can't wait to see it when I go home for the holidays!!! Aiiiiieeoooooooooo!

Update: Overwhelming reports confirmed that New Moon triumphed Twilight at the box office, and may be setting a new record high for an opening night release. It has also been reported, albeit unofficially, that Team Edward fans are converting over to Team Jacob's camp, and retail stores have noted a rise in red riding hood purchases. That is all.