Saturday, May 16, 2009

Last Memories of Prague

On my last day in Prague, I went to a kewl sushi bar that had a conveyor belt that went around the room. Dining booths were on both sides of the conveyor belt, and diners could grab whatever dish they wanted.
I went shopping and loved, loved, loved the earth colored amber from Poland....

and lovely Bohemian crystal vases, dishware, sculpt art, and chandeliers found on every block.
Drank ample cups of European lattes' and people watched on the square for the last time.
Walked the Charles Bridge and admired the religious statues that were paired in parallel fashion from end to end.
I admired the tower that Emperor Charles IV built at the foot of the bridge.
The workmanship of the interior ceiling and statues placed at the top of the arch were lovely to see.

I walked past the Opera House, and admired my favorite art nouveau display located on the back lawn.

Went back to Old Town Square and saw the twin Gothic spires of Tyne Cathedral for the last time.

Was present at the hourly clockwork show of figures moving on the medieval Astronomical Clock, which was a favorite tourist spot for all Old Town Square visitors.
But my last impressionable memory of Prague, was the Czech red roof tops, and the winding flow of the Vltava River.
It was a wonderful trip and one that I recommend for everyone. The Czech crown converts to the euro in 2012. Take advantage of the (20:1) crown:dollar conversion, and go while it's cheap!