Following the plaza art exhibit, I meandered over a bridge that overlooked the Vltava River, and found myself in a less touristed section of the city that was more quiet and quaint. This little neighborhood was so much more appealing than the shop filled square near my hotel. As I walked down clean swept streets with scattered bistros dotting the sidewalks, I came across this charming little art gallery that my little Asian feet headed towards as if they had a mind of their own. An hour later, I walked away with purchased images of Prague that were painted by talented local artists. The first is a canvas oil painting, and the remaining four are delightful water colors already matted. I can't wait to pick out the frames for each one. The turquoise hued water color with the chocolate matting (last one) is my favorite. Which one is yours?
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Discovering The Prague Gallery
Following the plaza art exhibit, I meandered over a bridge that overlooked the Vltava River, and found myself in a less touristed section of the city that was more quiet and quaint. This little neighborhood was so much more appealing than the shop filled square near my hotel. As I walked down clean swept streets with scattered bistros dotting the sidewalks, I came across this charming little art gallery that my little Asian feet headed towards as if they had a mind of their own. An hour later, I walked away with purchased images of Prague that were painted by talented local artists. The first is a canvas oil painting, and the remaining four are delightful water colors already matted. I can't wait to pick out the frames for each one. The turquoise hued water color with the chocolate matting (last one) is my favorite. Which one is yours?