Went on a sunset felucca ride on the Nile that was sooo relaxing. I'm fortunate to live about 10 minutes from the
Cornish el Nil (along the Nile), where one can find a bounty of feluccas to take you sailing for a leisurely ride along the banks of the city. We had to hop over five feluccas, before we could get to ours on the end.
Our bright orange sail unfurled and we were off with the wind.
Across the way, we spotted other feluccas joining us on the Nile for a sunset cruise.
I was so utterly relaxed. My iPod sync'd with the mood of the sunset ride by softly playing Christopher Cross's "Sailing", which was the perfect song to sail to that evening.
Dusk gathered quickly. Sepia tones closed in around us, and a great number of sails dotted the darkening horizon.

Our captain was perched on the back, his arm languishly steering the tiller that directed the water craft along the gentle currents of the Nile.


Christopher Cross's song captured the magic of the ride as we rode off into the sunset....
"Sailing takes me away... to where I've always heard it could be... just a dream and the wind to carry me... and soon I will be free...."