Right before the plane touched down, the view from my window was filled with eye-filling cumulus clouds!
The first sighting of Cape Town was its noted landmark, Table Mountain, a long flat-topped mountain overlooking the city.
The eagle has landed: Cape Town, South Africa!
For my trip to South Africa, I had to dress a little more warmly. It was refreshing to leave the scorching heat of Egypt for the welcomed low 60s F temps in Cape Town.
First Stop: Table Mountain.
I climbed aboard a cable car, and away I went!
Table Mountain loomed prominently ahead.
And the cable car steadily made its ascent to the top.
Almost there!
At the top was Table Mountain National Park. The view was gorgeous!
I love the rugged coastline of the Cape Peninsula!
A view of Cape Town and Table Bay harbor.
Table Mountain National Park had a plethora of walking trails and foot bridges throughout.
Ever see the one-panel cartoon of two chocolate Easter bunnies talking to each other? The first one was whole and said "Happy Easter!" The second had its ears bitten off and replied "WHAT?!?" LOL. Below, it looked like both bunnies had their ears bitten off. WHAT?!?
Devil's Peak below.
And then it was time to head back down to Cape Town .... yep. I'm a feeble poet, and I know it. LOL.