Well, the day of reckoning finally arrived and I was on my way to cross another item off my bucket list: Shark Cage Diving! And not just any shark, and not just any place. I chose to do it in Gansbaii, South Africa (of greater Cape Town); the Great White Shark Capital of the World.

Each dive group had about 45 minutes below.
BUT, I got to do a second dive since several people backed out. BONUS!
Overall, It was an amazing trip, a wonderful adventure, and one I would definitely do again! Cape Town made my fave five. I HEART CAPE TOWN!
Here's the boat that my group went out on. Check out the 4-person cage! 16 people braved the 49 degrees (F) water temps, and oh yeah, facing off Great Whites!
So, we loaded up and headed out to sea!
Lars, our Master Diver, assumed his spot and immediately started scanning the horizon for tell-tale fins.
After a 20 minute ride, the boat anchored and preparations for the dive began. First the cage was moved to the side, and then the first four went in (yeah, baaaaby!). Lars threw out bait attached to a bobber, and then the waiting game began.
Within minutes, we had our first sighting and Lars called out, "Sharrrrk! Down! Down! Down!"
We went under, and went face to face with JAWS. The girl to my left vomited when sharks got closer, and asked to get out immediately. Poor dear.
Some sharks were passive.
Some sharks toyed with us.
And a few, were down right aggressive!
I have to admit my heart jumped to my throat when the aggressive ones butted against our cage, but I stayed the entire time down. It was totally exhilarating!
But through it all, I kept clicking away... and enjoyed myself immensely!
Each dive group had about 45 minutes below.
BUT, I got to do a second dive since several people backed out. BONUS!
If I had heard the "JAWS" theme song when I saw this Great White coming at me, I would've wet my wetsuit! LOL.
Overall, It was an amazing trip, a wonderful adventure, and one I would definitely do again! Cape Town made my fave five. I HEART CAPE TOWN!