Thursday, December 4, 2008

Dinner at the Deckers'













I'm about a week out from leaving the Mojave, and while I'm excited about my move to Egypt, I am sad that I will be leaving such dear friends, who have made my time in the desert memorable and fun - all the barbeques, road trips, parties, and dinner outs will be missed. Tonight a group of us went over for dinner at the Deckers' for a much overdue dinner party. They are the newlyweds in our group (their nuptials were over Labor Day week-end), and they have been busy with getting their house organized, finishing the back patio, and other projects that were placed on their "post-honey-I-do" list. The meal they served was delicious: grilled chicken, beef, cubed potatoes, seasoned vegetables, Spanish rice and a choice of cheese cakes and pumpkin pie for dessert. We ate outside and while it was a bit chilly, the fire from their new chiminea provided a pleasant warmth. Lights were strung on the gazebo and the sound of their hot tub was bubbling in the background, which made for a soothing ambiance. Dinner at the Deckers' turned out delightful, and was best seasoned with a company of friends, laughter, and a delectable meal.