Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Toe Jam Free BFFs Seek Pedicures


It ain't easy being cheesy....


Before: Khristin did NOT want her pre-pedicured
toes photographed.... um, here's the compromise.

After: "Pretty n' Pink" completed.


Before: B'bye gnarly toes!

After: Helllllooooo "Wine n' Dine"!!!
(Who thinks up these nail polish names???)


I was looking at my gnarly toes the other day and 'bout went into a conniption fit meltdown. I was DESPERATELY in need of a pedicure! Already, I felt sorry for the person who was going to do my tootsies. A BIG tip was in order for the poor pedicurist undertaking this challenge... sigh.
I called Khristin and we made plans to get our pedicures done today. Prior to our visit, I conducted a li'l prepwork:

1) Shave legs (the "but it's winter" excuse was no longer going to fly). Check.

2) Inspect toes for toe jam. Check.

3) Slather feet with "smells-good" lotion from Christmas gifts stash. Check.

My meticulous preparations completed, I picked up Khristin and we beelined to her favorite nail salon. Note: For the record I made specific requests to get our tootsies done by Asians because...

1) I gotta keep my people gainfully employed due to the woeful state of our economy.

2) No one knows toes like my peeps.

3) I love being asked right away, "you got boyfween? fu special pwice, you get pedicule special fu special pwice.... then you get boyfween."

I want boyfween. Hence, I get pedicures.