Saturday, December 27, 2008

New Coat For Egypt

The Day after Christmas I met my BFF Khristin of 21 years to check out the "big" sales. However, Khristin and I got started late, um... waaaaaay late as we were to meet at 11 am, but I didn't get to her house until 4 pm! I had a good excuse. I didn't know that I was taking my sister Veronica back home until the morning of - and she lives a far spell. Khristin and I, however, finally met up and made our way to the mall. I found my big "find" there waiting for me at Macy's: a stylish Anne Klein double breasted black and grey herringbone coat.

"um... Hello. My name is Gina ... and I'm into retail therapy and long walks on the beach."


However, the best part of my find was that Macy's took 60% off the original sales price! I couldn't resist buying it, 'cuz one can't have enough coats for Egypt. (yeaaah.... rigggght)


Afterwards we picked up her hubby Kyle, and then headed to the trendy section of downtown W-S to eat dinner at Foothills.


Dinner was delightful, as we discussed their upcoming travels to England and Scotland in March. They will be visiting Khristin's sister Heidi, who married and moved to England last year. Kyle and Khristin are avid travelers. Within the last 7 years, they've managed to travel to Argentina twice, Amsterdam, Belgium, and Paris--- not bad for a couple of landlubbers. LoL. Hopefully, they'll visit me in Egypt while I'm out there. Our talks on traveling re-stimulated my excitement for Egypt. With my last week in the U.S. finishing up next Sunday, the butterflies in my stomach have begun to flutter... and I have found myself channeling Scarlett O'Hara, 'cuz "tomorrow is another day."