Friday, August 7, 2009

Friday at City Stars Mall

I love the week-ends. While friends and I headed to the mall to catch a 10 am Friday movie, fam and friends were asleep in the States with their alarm clocks set to wake them for work. Gotta love the Middle East!



We first stopped at Costa Coffee for a quick muffin and cappuccino.



Friday mornings here are like Sundays. It's a day of worship for the Muslims, so traffic is light and business is slow. I love the quietness of Friday mornings.



Afterwards, we walked over to Stars Cinema to see the 6th Harry Potter movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. (Was hoping Julie and Julia would be released here today. Ugh!)

But I loved the movie! It was as good as its predecessors, and left viewers wanting more. The 7th and last book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, will be split into two films. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 is due out on November 19, 2010 and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 is due out on July 15, 2011. I'll be ready!



After the movie, we headed to Rainforest Cafe for lunch.


What a fun place! The ambiance was something else!! Every 15 minutes simulated lightning would break out, and thunder could be heard rumbling in the restaurant. Flashes of lightning would streak across the ceiling's painted clouds. So kewl!
Jungle sounds could be heard throughout the restaurant: birds chirping, elephants trumpeting, lions roaring, and gorillas grunting. A simulated waterfall flowed from the top level of the restaurant; its sound soothing to diners' ears.


It was like being on safari all over again. I had always wanted to eat at one in the States, but never got the chance. Now that I had, I wasn't disappointed!
Went shopping afterwards, and then made our last stop at Starbucks. I happily slurped my caramel iced frappuccino venti all the way home!!!! Sl-lu-u-urrr-r-rr-rrrrrp.