Thursday, August 27, 2009

Goin' to the Chapel of Love

August mourns another life, as "Chapel of Love" songwriter Ellie Greenwich, died yesterday in NYC. Her lilting can't-get-outta-your-head-once-you-hear-it song brought millions of smiles as couples said their "I do's" in the metaphorical chapels of love around the world. In tribute to Ellie Greenwich, click on the link below and sing along to her catchy lyrics .

Click Here---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EbIyrEW8R0



Goin' to the chapel

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Goin' to the chapel

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Gee, I really love you

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Goin' to the chapel of love....



Spring is here

th-e-e sky is blue

whoa-oh-oh

Birds all sing as if they knew

Today's the day we'll say "I do"

And we'll never be lonely anymore

because we're....


Goin' to the chapel

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Goin' to the chapel

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Gee, I really love you

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Goin' to the chapel of love....



Bells will ring

the-e-e sun will shine

whoa-oh-oh

I'll be his and he'll be mine

We'll love until the end of time

And we'll never be lonely anymore because we're....




Goin' to the chapel

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Goin' to the chapel

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Gee, I really love you

And we're gonna get ma-a-arried

Goin' to the chapel of love....


Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

Goin' to the chapel of love

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

(FADE)

Goin' to......



the chaaaapel of love.