Saturday, August 1, 2009

Nairobi's Carnivore Restaurant


Before I left Kenya, I ate dinner at Carnivore
in Nairobi.


It was a jungle themed restaurant with indoor
and outdoor seating.


Its center had a sundry of different meats roasting
on rotisseries: chicken, beef, pork, turkey, ostrich,
crocodile, and lamb. Game meats changed daily, but
I was glad not to see giraffe, gazelles, etc. on the spits.


I sat out on the veranda, enjoying the view.


I totally loved all the exotic plants and blooms!


And the jungle motif of all the furniture.


Behind me was a bridge that led to the interior
part of the restaurant.

And one by one, waiters came bringing me
skewers and skewers of different meats.
Little did I know this was an all-you-can-
eat-restaurant. I was sooooo stuffed!


All the meats were marinated and grilled to perfection.


I had a lazy susan full of sides, and a sizzlin'
cast iron plate that kept incoming meats hot.


I agreed to meats I was comfortable with---
although I did try a bite of ostrich and croc. Both
tasted like chicken. Go figure!


I left quite full and completely satisfied. I liked the
ambiance, and the food was divine. It definitely was
not a place for vegans, but hungry carnivores will be
clamoring for Carnivore!