Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Condolences to the Kennedy Family

The media has been abuzz with the passing yesterday of Senator Edward M. "Ted" Kennedy, who expediently followed the death of his sister Eunice Kennedy Shriver 2 weeks earlier. My condolences go out to the Kennedy clan, who prolifically have had to endure a lifetime of funeral gatherings. Mrs. Eunice Kennedy Shriver and Senator Ted Kennedy were 5th and 9th respectively of nine children to former U.S. Ambassador to Great Britain and prestigious businessman, Joseph P. Kennedy, Sr. and Mrs. Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy. Their auspicious union created one of the most influential and politically powerful dynasties in America. No other family in America has carried the legacy, tragedy, and fodder for sensational and respected journalism than the deep Irish roots of this family. To celebrate the lives of these two beloved Kennedy members and respected long standing public servants, let us remember them during happier times when they were young and carefree and not yet burdened with the tragedies and ecstasies of their consequent life. Godspeed onward.



REST IN PEACE: Eunice Kennedy Shriver
July 10, 1921 – August 11, 2009


REST IN PEACE: Edward Moore "Ted" Kennedy
February 22, 1932 – August 25, 2009


Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep
Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there... I do not sleep.
I am the thousand winds that blow...
I am the diamond glints on snow...
I am the sunlight on ripened grain...
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you waken in the morning's hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of gentle birds in circling flight...
I am the soft star that shines at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry—
I am not there... I did not die...

~Mary Elizabeth Frye (The Irish Version)