I finished packing for my safari trip today. Per trip guidelines, I packed light and kept to a soft duffel bag or back pack, since there's not much room in the puddle jumper that'll be landing on the small airstrip near the big game reserve in Masai Mara. Here's what I threw together (hopefully, I have everything!) :
GINA'S KENYA SAFARI CHECKLIST:
GINA'S KENYA SAFARI CHECKLIST:
worn but sturdy large backpackCheck.
tourist passportCheck.plane ticketsCheck.anti-malaria pillsCheck.cameraCheck.sunglassesCheck.international cell phoneCheck.travel cell phone chargerCheck.LED miniature lanternCheck.LED pocket sized flashlightCheck.sports watch with alarm clockCheck.book light for night time tent readingCheck.new Twilight Director's NotebookCheck.iTouch iPod for tunes and moviesCheck.vanity mirrorCheck.insect repellentCheck.whistle (to alert for help)Check.
Last things to pack will be my clothes, which I'll stuff on top: cargo pants, long sleeve t-shirts, sweatshirt, and reversible lightweight fleece / rain jacket, etc. It's supposed to be the dry season, but one never knows. It's winter in southern Africa now. Temperatures are in the 70s F by day, and 50s F at night; the PERFECT safari weather in my opinion. Last minute things to get - $50.00 USD for my tourist visa that I'll have to get when I fly into Nairobi, as well as some Kenya Shillings (KES) for tips and incidentals. I think I'm pretty much set! Just 5 more days to go!