Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"We go together...."

It's a few minutes past midnight and I have just returned from the Cairo Opera House. I'm still wired so I'm putting my insomnia to good use by clocking in some blog time.

On my couch, I'm typing away on my laptop as I hum "We go together". I can't help but smile as I replay this evening's musical excerpts in my head. All the best songs from Grease and West Side Story were performed within a 2 hour venue. Grease is the word --- and my ALL TIME FAVORITE MUSICAL! I sang all the musical numbers out loud pretty much embarrassing my "girlz night out group" from work. LoL. West Side Story, however, was wonderful too. My favorite number was the spirited performance of "I want to live in A-me-ri-ca". That one got my toes a tappin'.

The Cairo Opera House was very modern and grandiose. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take pics beyond the sweeping staircases. We had balcony seats with red velour high backed chairs. All the balconies were stacked on top of one another that went up 6 levels. We enjoyed tonight's performances immensely, especially the warbling duets of Sandy & Danny and Maria & Tony. I suspect they'll be singing to me in my dreams. LoL. So, I'm off to join them. Nighty night. "We go together...."