Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Yacht Party

Last night all the Americans from work attended a private yacht party on the Nile that I got roped into doing coordinated. It was a welcomed break, especially after a hellish month of meeting work initiatives, funding deadlines for global research projects, and a slew of folks to suck up to high profile visitors and international inspections that we've had to endure. In the midst of pulling my hair out dealing with the caterer, bus company, and yacht crew, I had a senior moment left my camera behind. I was so bummed! Otherwise, it was the perfect evening for a sunset cruise. The yacht had three levels, but the majority of the time was spent doing Jello shots on the top deck, as we took advantage of summer breezes and the magic of Cairo at night. Looking out to the horizon we watched the sun dipped into the Nile, and the twinkling lights from the other water vessels and high rise buildings along the river banks complemented the evening's backdrop. I had time to reflect on not getting mauled by a lion at next week's safari, and started feeling the fear, anxiety excitement of the trip again. Now, I just have to whine like a little girl get through this next week before my adventure begins. I can't wait!!!