Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bad Manners Strikes Again!

What's with the outbursts and bad manners here lately that have hit the headlines in the last 4 days? First there was Representative Joe Wilson's vehement "You Lie!" debacle as he erupted like a maelstrom of righteous anger during the President's health care speech to Congress on Wednesday. REGARDLESS if he thought the President was wrong about illegal immigrants not being included in a universal health care coverage.... YOU DON'T INSULT OUR COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF IN FRONT OF GOD AND COUNTRY! It was the insult heard around the world. What an eff-ing idiot! Living in the Middle East, where terrorism is a constant threat, I shake my head in shame that one of our own gave clearance for people who hate Americans to use this as a propaganda tool for their diabolical causes. Months from now no one will remember (or care) that it was an issue about illegal immigrants and health care reform.... they're only going to remember that President Obama was called a liar by one of his OWN politicians. I mean, sheesh, if a U.S. elected official can insult him publicly, why not anyone else? I would rather Wilson had thrown his shoe at the President. At least he would've gone to prison rather than be forgiven for an insincere apology. I mean it's not as if President Obama represents the United States of America or something. Oh wait. HE DOES. Why? Because he's the friggin' PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

And then there's tennis powerhouse Serena Williams. All 5'10" and ripped manly-man-muscles of her threatening the mousy li'l umpire chair for making a bad call at the U.S. Open yesterday. Now granted, the official did make a grievous error. She called a foot fault and she was wrong. Case in point: 1) Instant replay verified that Serena did not err. 2) A foot fault call "cannot be made at the end of any match, let alone in the semifinals of the U.S. Open." Y'know it's bad when even John McEnroe (known for his confrontational on court behavior in the 80's) said Serena's behavior was bad. And he was right. She did not let it go. She kept berating the umpire chair persistently, as her powerful frame towered over the diminutive official, who kept running over to the line judge every time Serena would sound off. I guess her infamous, "I'm going to shove this ball down your f------ throat", didn't help either. From what I've gathered Serena was going to lose the match anyways, but the bigger picture is the thousands of aspiring tennis greats out there that want to grow up and be Serena Williams. And now, they have this bad sportsman-like behavior to aspire to? C'mon, Serena! Whatever happened to rising above a bad call? You're too good to have sunk so low. DON'T BE A WILSON! You're sooooo much smarter than he is!



Joe and Serena, I bid you both to go and search for your manners. Class dismissed!