Sunday, September 6, 2009

Laverne and Shirley at the Giza Pyramids


Deb and I got up early this morning and headed to Giza to see the pyramids; the only 7th Wonder of the Ancient World still standing.

Deb is such a ham! LoL. But it was very hot! We had to sneak away from our tour guide, so that we could quench our thirst without drinking in front of him since he was fasting for Ramadan. We were so happy to find cold refreshing drinks ---and more importantly, shade!
Deb continued to do hilarious photo ops throughout the tour.

She finally got to check off riding a camel at the pyramids off her bucket list.
Deb is channeling Scarlett O'Hara in this pose. LoL.
Here I am outside the pyramids, getting ready to enter the interior. We couldn't take pics inside. Man was it hot! They had removed all the goodies, and they have it displayed at the Egyptian Museum in downtown Cairo. Deb and I will be heading there Wednesday to see the exhibits.
Then we went to the Sphinx Sun2 Restaurant for lunch. I loved its inner walkway leading upstairs.
The food was fabulous and Deb finally got to eat traditional Egyptian cuisine, since we ordered from the ex-pat menu last night at Restaurant 55.
The restaurant had a view of the pyramids.
It also had an inner patio that was decorated with a pharonic flair.

It was a kewl place to dine. I definitely would go back there again! Here's our hostess complementing the restaurant's fanus.

And then it was time for us to leave.... Day 2 at the pyramids was complete.