Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Last Day.

After the ancient city of Corinth, I toured the acropolis of Corinth, a.k.a. Acrocorinth, that overlooked the ancient city. The fortress of the Acrocorinth was the last line of defense in southern Greece, because it commanded the isthmus and prevented enemies from entering the Peloponnese Peninsula. It is the largest and oldest acropolis on the peninsula, and from what I've seen it is the best preserved. The view from the top was spectacular!





Do you see a face?

How about now?

Uh-Oh... Time to leave! LoL.

Next, I toured the Epidaurus theatre. Built in 300 B.C., it was the most famous and best preserved ancient theatre in Greece. Seating 12,000 easily, it is still in use today. The Epidaurus theatre comes alive every summer with its venues of scheduled concerts, plays, and symphonies. The acoustics are so perfect there that the merest whisper can be heard in the top row.



After my tours I headed back to the small seaside town of Napflio, where I've been staying and enjoyed my last evening in Greece drinking vino and watching the sun dip into the water. It was a great vacay and one that I'll never forget. It was my second trip to Greece. The first time was spent on the island of Corfu shopping, sunbathing, and hitting the live dinner shows that enticed guests to drink ouzo, yell "Opaaaa!", and join hands in a large circle to dance merrily to the lively sounds of the bouzouki. THIS trip focused more on the ancient history of Greece, and I loved it also!



I hope everyone experiences Greece for themselves. Word!