Friday, September 11, 2009

Deb's Dinner Cruise

On Thursday night, I took Deb on a dinner cruise onboard "The Pharaoh". This way she could experience the Nile at night, having taken an excursion out on the water earlier that day.


This was a view of the landing from the entrance way...


and a view of the entrance way from the landing. LoL.

I loved this charming pharonic walking bridge we had to cross.

Deb playing hide n'seek behind a holiday covered pillar.

Here's a pic of the buffet area before the lights dimmed.

I got us window seats, so we could have a view of Cairo at night.

We had a medley of yummy all-we-could-eat-Egyptian-cuisine.


Then after dinner entertainment began, and the traditional folk dance of the "Whirling Dervish" commenced, as the dancer spun like a toy spinning top to exotic Middle Eastern music.



Following the Whirling Dervish performance, diners were pulled out of their chairs to participate in a group dance. How fun!



The last half hour of our 2-hr cruise found Deb and I topside.


We saw party boats go by filled to capacity. How festive!


I loved the glow of the city's lights shimmering on the water.


Another party boat went by, its exotic music blaring loudly.


I thought Deb looked lovely under the moon. It was the last week
of Ramadan & the moon was close to evolving into a new moon.


And then it was time to disembark, as the landing drew nearer.

We found our way back by the light of the fanus they left on for us.